Creative Associates are artists, creative practitioners and/or educators with an understanding of the arts and creativity and its potential to transform the lives of children and young people. Creative Associates will match the needs of schools to arts and creative opportunities in their locality. They will identify potential areas for improvement and will inspire, energise and drive schools forward in addressing these. Through this pioneering initiative Creative Associates will have the chance to shape the place of the arts and creativity in Irish schools.
Creative Associates come from a range of creative professions, such as artists, designers and craftspeople or those working in mediums used for the purpose of creative or interpretative expression. Whether from the arts, culture, heritage, creative industries, science or other sectors, they challenge, support and sustain new practice in the field of the arts, culture and creative learning.
There are three types of Creative Associate:
1. Teachers: fully qualified and currently working in a Department of Education and Skills-sanctioned post and who are applying for a contract of service in the form of an agreement of work between themselves and the Arts Council/Creative Schools.
1) Creative Associate Services Information Booklet for Teachers 2019, 2) Creative Associate Services Teacher Application form, 3) Creative Associate Teacher FAQs
2. Individuals: working on a freelance basis in the arts/creative sectors and who are applying for a contract for services between themselves as individuals and the Arts Council/Creative Schools.
1) Creative Associate Services Information Booklet for Individuals 2019, 2) Creative Associate Services Individual Application form, 3) Creative Associate Individuals FAQs
3. Organisations: working in the arts/creative sectors and which are applying for a contract for services between the organisation and the Arts Council/Creative Schools. In their applications, organisations must nominate one representative, who currently delivers services for them, to deliver CA services if successful. Organisations can nominate up to five representatives to deliver services. Each application must be made separately. Representatives cannot share a CA role.
1) Creative Associate Services Information Booklet for Organisations 2019 , 2) Creative Associate Services Organisation Application form, 3) Creative Associate Organisations FAQs
*PLEASE NOTE THIS DEADLINE HAS NOW CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS*
All future opportunities for associates will be advertised on our website and also in our newsletter which you can subscribe to at the following link: