|Closing date ||17:30, Thursday 08 March 2018|
|Maximum awarded||Unlimited |
|Collaborative application possible?||Yes|
Arts Grant Funding is a new funding programme that has been developed as part of the Arts Council’s new funding framework. This framework has been informed by, and is designed to deliver on, the commitments set out within the Arts Council’s ten-year strategy, Making Great Art Work. In offering this programme, the Arts Council wishes to foster and respond to a diverse and dynamic arts ecology by creating opportunities for a wide range of artists and organisations.
Arts Grant Funding will award funding to organisations and individuals to carry out a series of activities between July 2018 and December 2019. These activities can include:
- the creation, production and/or presentation of work to the public
- the development of artistic ideas
- the delivery of a series of arts activities or events
- the provision of supports, resources and facilities to artists.
Who can apply?
Arts Grant Funding is available across all artform and arts practice areas, and is open to organisations and individuals.
Note: Individuals applying must demonstrate that their proposal involves collaboration and/or partnership that include the delivery of public outcomes or outcomes that benefit other artists.
Applications cannot be made to both the Project Award in February and Arts Grant Funding in March 2018. Funding is available to support proposals that take place within or across the 18-month period from July 2018 to December 2019.
In certain cases, applicants may only apply for activities commencing on or after 1 January 2019. These are:
- Applicants who have already been awarded funding to support their activities for 2018 in response to an application for Strategic Funding and who have been advised to apply to Arts Grant Funding.
- Applicants who have applied to the Festival Investment Scheme (FIS) for 2018, whether your application for funding has been successful or not.
The guidelines for Arts Grant Funding will be available on this page from 18 December
Dates for information clinics will be announced in the January newsletter
How do I apply for this?
- Download and read the guidelines available at the top right-hand corner of this page.
- Check if there is any mandatory supporting material that must accompany your application. We may provide a template for the supporting material. If so, you can download it from the supporting materials section at the top right-hand corner of this page.
- All applications must be made through the online services website. You will be able to upload a wide range of support materials in electronic format along with your application form.
- You must be registered with the online services website to make an application. If you are not already registered, we recommend you register for online services as far in advance of the deadline as possible, as it may take five days for your online services registration to be processed.
Still need help?
A listing of frequently asked questions about making an online application
A step-by-step video guide on how to download, complete and upload an application form for funding.
A listing of funding-related tweets