|Collaborative application possible?||Yes|
Arts and Disability Connect (ADC) is a new scheme open to artists with disabilities working in any artform. The scheme is designed to support artists with disabilities to make new and ambitious work. It offers artists the opportunity to: connect with other practitioners or venues; make a change in their practice; ‘step up’ in terms of scope and scale; reach new audiences and to engage in mentoring and training.
Funded by the Arts Council and managed by Arts & Disability Ireland on a pilot basis in 2014, ADC is tailored closely to the needs of artists living in the Republic of Ireland in a way that complements other funding opportunities available.
Arts and Disability Connect has been created in response to the changing needs of the sector in the Republic of Ireland and in line with Arts Council commitments outlined in its Arts and Disability Policy 2012–2016. The scheme succeeds the Arts Council’s previous support to the all-island Arts and Disability Awards Ireland.
Arts and Disability Connect has three funding strands:
Arts and Disability Connect New Work
- Two awards of up to €8,000 each
- For more established artists with a strong track record in their professional practice who wish to work with artists and arts partners to develop new work and present in established arts organisations, venues, and festivals etc.
Arts and Disability Connect Mentoring
- Three awards of up to €2,000 each
- For artists at all stages of career development including emerging artists who wish to engage in mentoring opportunities.
Arts and Disability Connect Training
- Three awards of up to €1,000 each
- For artists at all stages of career development, including emerging artists, who wish to engage in professional development and other learning opportunities.
Application process and deadline
All application forms, guidelines and information documents can be downloaded here: http://www.adiarts.ie/news/arts-and-disability-connect-scheme-2014
A completed application form along with all supporting material must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org using WeTransfer by 5pm on 12 June 2014.
Contact Arts & Disability Ireland at 01 850 9002 or email email@example.com