|Closing date ||17:30, Thursday 19 April 2018|
|Artform and practice(s)||Architecture, Arts participation, Circus, Dance, Festivals, Film, Literature, Local arts, Music, Opera, Street arts, Theatre, Traditional arts, Venues, Visual arts, YPCE|
|Collaborative application possible?||Yes|
The Open Call supports the creation of original and ambitious work of excellence. The work can be collaborative and/or experimental.
Within the context of this award, collaboration refers to working with other artists or organisations, or may refer to collaboration with communities of place or interest. Projects funded under this scheme should take place within eighteen months of the award announcement in June. Projects proposed in response to the Open Call may be in any artform or be cross-disciplinary or interdisciplinary.
- Projects that are large in ambition, irrespective of physical, temporal or quantitative scale
- The reach and impact of a project, with a fresh and dynamic approach to public engagement. In this context, pubic engagement may refer to participants and/or audiences
- Projects that include a high-profile international dimension both in terms of public visibility and resource-based partnerships.
There are two bands of funding available according to which strand you are applying for and according to the scale of the proposal:
- Strand 1: Development €10,000
- Strand 2: Creation€350,000
The total funding proposed for this scheme is €800,000
Full details of the application process will be provided in the scheme guidelines.
The award is open to individuals and organisations who are resident in (the Republic of) Ireland. There are certain exceptions where the Arts Council may deem eligible applications made by those based outside (the Republic of) Ireland. However, before admitting as eligible any such application, the Arts Council would need to be satisfied that the outcomes of any such proposal would benefit the arts in (the Republic of) Ireland. Proposals received from organisations who are funded by the Arts Council under Strategic, Partnership or Venues Funding must provide evidence that the project is exceptional and outside the remit of their funded activities.
How do I apply for this?
- Download and read the guidelines available at the top right-hand corner of this page.
- Check if there is any mandatory supporting material that must accompany your application. We may provide a template for the supporting material. If so, you can download it from the supporting materials section at the top right-hand corner of this page.
- All applications must be made through the online services website. You will be able to upload a wide range of support materials in electronic format along with your application form.
- You must be registered with the online services website to make an application. If you are not already registered, we recommend you register for online services as far in advance of the deadline as possible, as it may take five days for your online services registration to be processed.
Still need help?
A listing of frequently asked questions about making an online application
A step-by-step video guide on how to download, complete and upload an application form for funding.
A listing of funding-related tweets