|Artform and practice(s)||Film|
|Collaborative application possible?||Yes|
|Telephone||01 679 67 16|
Reel Art is an Arts Council scheme designed to provide film artists with a unique opportunity to make highly creative, imaginative and experimental documentaries on an artistic theme. Operated in association with Filmbase and the Jameson Dublin International Film Festival, Reel Art will support two films with a grant of €70-80,000 per project. Reel Art films will be premiered at the Jameson Dublin International Film Festival in 2016.
Film artists interested in applying for Reel Art are invited to attend an information session on the scheme on Tuesday 17 September at 3pm in Filmbase. Representatives from the Arts Council and JDIFF will outline the purpose and priorities of the award and will answer questions on the scheme. Anyone interested in attending is required to register their interest by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines and application forms
Guidelines and application forms are available to download from the Reel Art website at the following links:
Making an application
Applicants must complete the Reel Art application form and submit it, together with the materials listed below, on or before 17:00 on Friday 18 October. Only hard-copy applications will be accepted. Online and late applications will not be accepted.
Applicants will be notified in December 2013 if they have been shortlisted. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview in Dublin in December 2013.
Applications must include the following:
- Completed application form;
- One sentence synopsis;
- One paragraph synopsis;
- Treatment (maximum 6 x A4 pages in 12 point font);
- Notes outlining intended approach;
- Budget and budget summary (including music and subject clearances, deliverables and marketing materials);
- CVs of the creative team involved in the proposal including director, producer, writer, editor;
- Evidence of ownership of rights. (Copies of all option and writers agreements entered into in respect of story and script if applicable to the project);
- Written confirmation in the form of clearances and permissions of key subject’s willingness to participate;
- 3 excerpts of Director’s work (not showreel);
- Any relevant supporting materials.