The purpose of this fund
The Arts Council and TG4 invite submissions for the eighth season of Splanc! - the arts documentary scheme that supports the creative exploration of the arts in Ireland.
This year the scheme aims to support ambitious landmark factual films on a contemporary artistic theme that are notably creative in their execution. A total fund of €120,000 is available and will support two hour-long films or one feature length film. Proposed documentaries may offer an exploration of any artform area and may combine performance elements. Projects must be in Irish or bilingual. Films should be conceived for the TG4 primetime programme schedule and should be appropriate for theatrical exhibition at festivals and for secondary exhibition on other platforms.
TG4 will administer the commissioning of the films and TG4's Terms of Trade will apply. Representatives from TG4 and the Arts Council, together with an external independent film-maker, will select the projects for production.
TG4 and the Arts Council encourage the employment of film workers working through the Irish language.
- Film duration: 50 minutes to 70 minutes
- Production Budget: €120,000
- Format: HD with English subtitles
- Language Format: Irish language or bilingual - Irish and English
- Submissions should be sent to TG4, Baile na hAbhann, Co na Gaillimhe.
Deadline for receipt of submissions is 1pm, Friday, 30 May 2014.
Submissions must include:
- Splanc! commissioning form (now available from http://www.tg4.ie/en/production/splanc.html);
- Detailed treatment;
- Notes outlining intended approach;
- Detailed production budget and budget summary (including music and subject clearances, deliverables and marketing materials);
- CVs of the creative team involved in the proposal including director, producer, writer, editor;
- Evidence of ownership. Copies of all option and writers agreements entered into in respect of story and script if applicable to the project;
- Written confirmation in the form of clearances and permissions of key subjects willingness to participate;
- Three excerpts of director’s work (not showreel);
- Any relevant supporting materials.
Successful shortlisted applicants must be available for interview at the beginning of July 2014.
The award for the series will be made by TG4 and standard commissioning terms will apply to the production agreement. It is expected that projects will be completed and available for broadcast on the TG4 primetime schedule in 2015.