|Closing date ||17:30, Thursday 10 September 2015|
|Artform and practice(s)||Local arts, Venues, Visual arts|
|Collaborative application possible?||Yes|
The purpose of this fund
The purpose of the Visual Arts Curator Residency Scheme is to offer visual arts curators the opportunity to research and develop their practice while developing a year-long work programme in partnership with an arts or non-arts organisation, such as a company, venue, festival, local authority or other. The specific content of the work programme will be designed by the curator in collaboration with the partner organisation.
The objectives of the Visual Arts Curator Residency Scheme are:
- To offer opportunities to curators across the country to research and develop a programme of work relevant to the progression of their own practice
- To offer opportunities to arts and non-arts organisations to benefit from contact with curatorial practice
- To encourage a considered approach to, and innovative ways of, engaging new audiences with high-quality contemporary visual arts at local/regional/national level
- To encourage the development and sustainability of high-quality visual arts activities within different contexts
- To encourage a coordinated approach between curators and organisations.
How do I apply for this?
- Download and read the guidelines available at the top right-hand corner of this page.
- Check if there is any mandatory supporting material that must accompany your application. We may provide a template for the supporting material. If so, you can download it from the supporting materials section at the top right-hand corner of this page.
- All applications must be made through the online services website. You will be able to upload a wide range of support materials in electronic format along with your application form.
- You must be registered with the online services website to make an application. If you are not already registered, we recommend you register for online services as far in advance of the deadline as possible, as it may take five days for your online services registration to be processed.
Still need help?
A listing of frequently asked questions about making an online application
A step-by-step video guide on how to download, complete and upload an application form for funding.
A listing of funding-related tweets