|Closing date ||17:30, Thursday 01 December 2016|
|Maximum awarded||Unlimited |
|Artform and practice(s)||YPCE|
|Telephone||01 6180 200|
The purpose of the programme activity fund is to assist experienced organisations to provide high-quality artistic programmes for, by or with children and young people that are in line with Arts Council policy and strategic priorities for young people, children and education (YPCE). Programmes must be designed and planned in a manner that will ensure a high-quality artistic experience for the target age group. Proposals targeting specific age-groups from birth to age twenty-three will be considered. As for all Arts Council awards, and as detailed in section three of these guidelines, the artistic merit and feasibility of the proposed programme will form part of the key criteria in assessing proposals for the programme activity fund.
The Arts Council has identified the following as strategic priorities for support through the programme activity fund in 2017:
- Programmes that are artistically ambitious and have the potential to contribute to the ongoing development of artistic practice and provision for children and young people in Ireland.
- Programmes that demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the targeted age group(s), and include strategies for developing and improving young-people’s personal engagement with the arts.
- Programmes that include opportunities for children and young people to inform the planning and/or evaluation of the artistic programme.
- Programmes that demonstrate how the target audience will be reached, and, where possible, include strategies to enable children and young people from diverse social and/or cultural backgrounds to participate.
The fund is competitive and awards are made on a once-off non-recurring basis.
The fund is intended to assist with the costs of one or more elements of an organisation's artistic programme taking place in 2017. It is not intended to provide support for core costs or ongoing operational/administrative costs.
Organisations in receipt of funding under any of the main Arts Council grant programmes (Regularly Funded Organisations, Annual Funding, Annual Programming Grant) are not eligible to apply.
Applicants are requested to read the guidance notes in full before making an application.
How do I apply for this?
- Download and read the guidelines available at the top right-hand corner of this page.
- Check if there is any mandatory supporting material that must accompany your application. We may provide a template for the supporting material. If so, you can download it from the supporting materials section at the top right-hand corner of this page.
- All applications must be made through the online services website. You will be able to upload a wide range of support materials in electronic format along with your application form.
- You must be registered with the online services website to make an application. If you are not already registered, we recommend you register for online services as far in advance of the deadline as possible, as it may take five days for your online services registration to be processed.
Still need help?
A listing of frequently asked questions about making an online application
A step-by-step video guide on how to download, complete and upload an application form for funding.
A listing of funding-related tweets