|Closing date ||17:30, Thursday 29 September 2016|
|Artform and practice(s)||Festivals and events|
|Collaborative application possible?||Yes|
|Contact||Regina OShea, Natalie Byrne|
The closing date is for festivals and events that will take place between 1 January – 30 June 2017.
The Arts Council announces Round 1 of the Festivals and Events Scheme 2017 (FES). The Council recognises the distinctive role arts festivals play in sustaining a vibrant and sustainable arts profile at a local level. Festivals provide opportunities for artists and audiences to experience new work and ways of making work. The Council acknowledges the valuable contribution made by voluntary committees in developing these festivals. The scheme will be open to multi-disciplinary festivals, single artform festivals. Events may be programmed over a number of months (e.g. a concert series). There are two strands of funding available:
- Strand 1: Up to €10,000
- Strand 2: Between €10,001 and €20,000
The Festivals and Events Scheme is open to organisations that promote festivals or events with a clear artistic purpose that will take place in the first half of the calendar year 2017.
Selecting the correct Strand
Important: first-time applicants and applicants who have not been funded previously by the Festivals and Events Scheme may apply to Strand 1 only.
- Festivals previously funded by the Arts Council under this Scheme up to €10,000 in their last funding offered must apply to Strand 1.
- Festivals previously funded by the Arts Council under this Scheme between €10,001 and €20,000 must apply to Strand 2.
The Festivals and Events Scheme is a non-recurring competitive scheme, assessed by a peer panel.
Posted, e-mailed and faxed applications will not be accepted. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
How do I apply for this?
- Download and read the guidelines available at the top right-hand corner of this page.
- Check if there is any mandatory supporting material that must accompany your application. We may provide a template for the supporting material. If so, you can download it from the supporting materials section at the top right-hand corner of this page.
- All applications must be made through the online services website. You will be able to upload a wide range of support materials in electronic format along with your application form.
- You must be registered with the online services website to make an application. If you are not already registered, we recommend you register for online services as far in advance of the deadline as possible, as it may take five days for your online services registration to be processed.
Still need help?
A listing of frequently asked questions about making an online application
A step-by-step video guide on how to download, complete and upload an application form for funding.
A listing of funding-related tweets
- Guidelines - FES Round 1, Strand 1, 2017 (Word, 87 KB)
- Guidelines - FES Round 1, Strand 1, 2017 (PDF, 472 KB)
- Guidelines - FES Round 1, Strand 2, 2017 (Word, 83 KB)
- Guidelines - FES Round 1, Strand 2, 2017 (PDF, 473 KB)