Arts Participation bursary clinics 2017 at VISUAL Carlow and Limerick City Gallery
The Arts Council, in association with Create, will hold two information clinics which will take place in advance of the deadline for the Arts Participation bursary award on Thursday, 13 July at 5.30pm.
The Arts Participation bursary award aims to support professional artists to develop their arts participation / collaborative arts practice. The award is open to professional artists working in any art form, whose practice centres on artistic collaboration with individuals or groups (non-art professionals) in any of the following contexts: health, disability, cultural diversity, older people, and communities of place or interest. The bursary emphasises the value and benefit to an artist’s development that is derived from an extended process of engagement with their practice and seeks to provide artists with the time and resources to think, research, reflect and engage with their practice. Applicants may apply for an award of up to €10,000.
The clinics will include information on:
- Arts Participation bursary award guidelines
- purpose and priorities of the award
- application process
- supporting materials
- assessment and decision-making process
- general advice and common mistakes
- previous bursary award recipients will attend to share their experience of the bursary process and how receiving a bursary has impacted their work
- Q&A and discussion
- 12 May: Visual Carlow, 11am–1pm. Registration from 10.30am. The event will start promptly at 11am. Light refreshments will be available after the workshop.
- 7 June: Limerick City Gallery of Art, 2pm–4pm. Registration and light refreshments from 1.30pm. The event will start promptly at 2pm.
Admission is free, but booking is essential. Please email Enagh Farrell, Arts Participation Assistant at the Arts Council, if you wish to attend: firstname.lastname@example.org
←Return to the news