Applications under the FOI Act
Under the FOI Act, anyone is entitled to apply for access to information not otherwise publicly available. Each person has a right to:
- access to records held by the Arts Council
- correction of personal information relating to oneself held by the Arts Council where it is inaccurate, incomplete or misleading
- access to reasons for decision made by the Arts Council directly affecting oneself.
The following records come within the scope of the Act:
- all records relating to personal information held by the Arts Council irrespective of when created
- all other records created from the Act's commencement date, 21 April 1998
- any other records necessary to the understanding of a current record
The Arts Council is obliged to respond to the request within 4 weeks.
How to apply
Applications for information under the FOI Act should be addressed to:
The Arts Council
70 Merrion Square
Applications must be in writing andshould indicate that the information is sought under the FOI Act. If applications are submitted by email, some proof of identity may be sought. If information is desired in a particular form - eg. photocopy or computer disk - this should be stated in your application.
Please give as much detail as possible to enable staff of the Arts Council to identify the record. If you have difficulty in identifying the precise records that you require, the FOI Executive will be happy to assist you in preparing your request.