The Arts Council’s core functions under the Arts Act 2003 are to:
- stimulate public interest in the arts;
- promote knowledge, appreciation and practice of the arts;
- assist in improving standards in the arts;
- advise the Minister and other public bodies on the arts.
We do this by:
- providing financial assistance, mainly, but not exclusively, to artists and arts organisations; we also support others who develop and promote the arts;
- offering advice and information on the arts to Government and to others;
- publishing research and information as an advocate for the arts and artists;
- undertaking a range of projects to promote and develop the arts, often in partnership with others.