Visual arts curator residency scheme
Closing date passed
Artform & practices:
Local arts, Venues, Visual arts
Collaborative application possible?
The purpose of this scheme is to offer visual arts curators the opportunity to research and develop their practice, while developing a year-long work programme in partnership with multi-disciplinary venues and local authorities. The specific content of the work programme will be designed by the curator in collaboration with the venue and local authority.
The aims of this scheme are to:
- offer opportunities to curators across the country to research and develop a programme of work relevant to the progression of their own practice;
- offer opportunities to multi-disciplinary venues and local authorities to develop curatorial practice in their geographical area;
- encourage a considered approach to, and innovatives ways of, engaging local audiences with high-quality contemporary visual arts at local/regional level;
- encourage the development of long-term planning and sustainability of high-quality visual arts activities within multi-disciplinary venues;
- to encourage a co-ordinated approach between key arts providers at local/regional level.
The deadline for the scheme is 5.30pm Thursday 12 September 2013. PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be submitted using the Arts Council’s online services website.
The Arts Council has launched its online services website which will allow for applications to be submitted entirely on line. All applicants are required to use the online services website. Applications and supporting documentation will not be accepted in hard copy.
The window for making an online application opens on Tuesday 13 August 2013.
Before you will be able to make an online application you will have to register with the site. It may take up to 5 days for your registration to be confirmed so it is very important that you register as early as possible.
For information and help on how to make an online application please go to the following links.
- Online services FAQs: a listing of frequently asked questions about making an online application
- Youtube: A step-by-step video guide on how to download, complete and upload an application form for funding
- Twitter: a listing of funding-related tweets
To download a copy of the scheme guidelines, please click on the following link: