Dance artist residency scheme
Closing date passed
Artform & practices:
Collaborative application possible?
01 618 02 29
The purpose of the dance artist residency scheme is to stabilise and support a network of dance artists in residence across the country. The specific contents of the work programme will be designed by the dance artist in collaboration with the venue and local authority.
The aims of this scheme are:
- to consolidate both professional and community-based dance practice in a variety of regional contexts;
- to offer opportunities to dance artists around the country to engage in a programme of artistic work relevant to their own practise;
- to offer opportunities to local authorities and venues to develop dance practise in their area;
- to encourage the development of long-term planning and sustainability of independent dance activities.
Professional dance artists, venues or local authorities can apply for this scheme. Applications must demonstrate the committed support of at least one local authority and one venue or combination of local authorities and venues.
The deadline for the scheme is 5.30pm, Thursday 02 May 2013.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be submitted using the Arts Council’s online services website.
All applications must be submitted using the Arts Council’s online services website at https://onlineservices.artscouncil.ie. Applications and supporting documentation will not be accepted in hard copy.
The window for making an online application opens on 02 April 2013.
Before you will be able to make an online application you will have to register with the site. It may take up to 5 days for your registration to be confirmed so it is very important that you register as early as possible.
For information and help on how to make an online application please go to the following links.
- Online services FAQs: a listing of frequently asked questions about making an online application
- Youtube: A step-by-step video guide on how to download, complete and upload an application form for funding
- Twitter: a listing of funding-related tweets
You can download the guidelines as a PDF or as a large format Word doc. If this does not meet your needs, please contact the Arts Council.